Between July and August, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrested over 2,000 illegal immigrants in a sweep of arrests.
85% of those detained had criminal convictions and pending criminal charges.
These are the folks that the Democrats want to not only allow to enter our country freely, but remain here, with free health insurance, education, and heck, even citizenship. Why not? As long as they can vote, right? That move is coming next.
American Military News reports that, in a Tuesday press release, ICE reported that between July 13 and August 20, ICE officers arrested 1,089 illegal aliens with previous criminal convictions and 863 others with pending criminal charges.
“The aliens targeted during this operation preyed on men, women and children in our communities, committing serious crimes and, at times, repeatedly hurting their victims,” Tony H. Pham, the acting director for ICE, said.
“By focusing our efforts on perpetrators of crimes against people, we’re able to remove these threats from our communities and prevent future victimization from occurring,” Pham added. “Through our targeted enforcement efforts, we are eliminating the threat posed by these criminals, many of whom are repeat offenders.”
ICE provided these graphs which detail the number of criminal convictions among those they arrested.
ICE also noted that several of those who have been arrested had multiple charges or convictions. They provided a list of the criminal convictions and charges that were included among those arrested.
Remember, it’s “racist” to keep these people out of our country, according to the left:
- 388 convictions and 386 pending charges for assault – including simple assault, battery against family and non-family members and assault against law enforcement;
- 291 convictions and 216 pending charges for domestic violence;
- 83 convictions and 64 pending charges for sexual offenses – including rape, sexual assault, indecent exposure and failure to register as a sex offender;
- 136 convictions and 63 pending charges for family offenses – including neglect and cruelty towards a spouse or child;
- 71 convictions and 40 pending charges for sexual offenses involving a minor;
- 14 convictions and 12 pending charges for homicide – negligent manslaughter and murder;
- 23 convictions and 44 pending charges for harassment – extortion, intimidation and harassing communications;
- 29 convictions and 7 pending charges for hit-and-run;
- 20 convictions and 10 pending charges for robbery;
- 12 convictions and 2 pending charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor;
- 9 convictions and 15 pending charges for kidnapping;
- 11 convictions and 3 pending charges for identity theft;
- 1 conviction and 1 pending charge for arson; and 1 conviction for rioting.
The agency stated in its press release that it “does not exempt classes or categories of removable aliens from potential enforcement. All those in violation of immigration law may be subject to arrest, detention and, if found removable by final order, removal from the United States.”
American Military News notes:
In the 2019 fiscal year, ICE arrested individuals with more than 1,900 convictions or charges for homicide, 1,800 for kidnapping, 12,000 sex offenses, 5,000 sexual assaults, 45,000 assaults, 67,000 crimes involving drugs, 10,000 weapons offenses, and 74,000 DUIs.
ICE deported some 267,258 illegal immigrants in 2019 and 256,085 in 2018.
Deporting them is only half the issue. Keeping them out is the real challenge as many return. Continuing with securing the border is the other half.
"*" indicates required fields