A brand new poll from TIPP has revealed that 44 percent of Americans now believe that the coronavirus was made in a lab with more than half of that percentage believing that the virus was released intentionally.
The results of the TIPP poll were announced on Tuesday and went on to add that 54 percent of those who think this illness was made by humans think it was released intentionally. Another 32 percent think it was leaked accidentally, while 14 percent weren’t sure how it could have made its way out of the lab.
When folks surveyed for the poll were asked about the origins of COVID-19, 22 percent said they believe it came from animals, 11 percent think it’s naturally occurring, while 8 percent think it came about as the result of human living habits. A total of 16 percent said they weren’t sure.
Not surprisingly, the TIPP poll found a difference in results based on the party to which respondents said they belonged.
- 63% believe it was developed in a lab.
- 12% think it came from animals.
- 8% think it’s a naturally occurring virus.
- 6% think the virus came to be as a result of human living habits.
- 12% were unsure about its origins.
- 32% believe it was developed in a lab.
- 30% think it came from animals.
- 13% think it’s a naturally occurring virus.
- 11% think the virus came to be as a result of human living habits.
- 14% were unsure about its origins.
Last week, President Joe Biden ordered U.S. intelligence agencies to start an investigation to determine whether or not the origin of COVID-19 could possibly be the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
This comes after a report by CNN revealed that the Biden administration stopped an investigation from the State Department that was launched last year while Donald Trump was president into finding any information that might indicate if the coronavirus came from a Chinese lab.